Wednesday, May 31, 2006

We Need a Diner

A real diner! The Capitol Diner is a nice landmark, and I'm sure the food is good considering it still exists, but DAMN IT, a diner should be open late!! I have no place local to go and get a nice hot meal after midnight. I once lived in up-state New York. I recall this one little place. All they served was breakfast, and they were (almost) never open during the day. You could say they had odd hours - from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. Let me tell you something: They were busy from 10 to midnight, packed from midnight until 4 a.m., light from 4 a.m. to 7 a.m., and absolutely slammed from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. They did stay open later on Sundays, until 3 p.m. to catch the brunch crowd.

Now, I'm not saying this model will work in Central Square, but it would be so nice to have breakfast out at 3 a.m. when I get home from, well, drinking. I'm not old, I don't get up early in the morning for my walk, and I'm in too much of a hurry to sit down and eat out before I go to work. I am, however, up until about 2 a.m. almost every night, and usually get hungry at 1 a.m.. Apparently I'm not alone since I swear I smell bacon cooking in the building around that hour. This is opportunity. Too bad Capitol isn't, well, capitalizing on it.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hi! I am new to your blog and the lynn loft scene. I am interested in purchasing a loft. Can you tell me what the current buildings that are being sold are and who to contact? By browsing the last few entries I see that you have some issues with the Mayo group. Would you advise against buying from them? Or just to be cautious?

Marcus said...

Bethany,

You can find a list of current buildings in an earlier post. Go to:

http://lynnlofts.blogspot.com/2005_11_01_lynnlofts_archive.html

And search for the text: "What to Expect in a Lynn Loft"

That will take you down to the list.

If you're interested in the properties in Central Square I encourage you to contact Kim D'orazio: kimd.tache@verizon.net.

As for Mayo: You'll need to decide that for yourself, since I obviously have a negative bias. Should you decide to buy from Mayo you must get your own attorney, I have an excellent reference, you must have everything little thing written down, you must have an independent home inspection regardless of what any real-estate agent may tell you, and you must be prepared to walk away. If your agent tells you that you don't need to get an inspection, get a new agent.