Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Neighborhood Night

Tuesday nights are "Neighborhood Night" at the Oxford Street Grill.

http://www.oxfordstgrill.com/

They have special menu items served at a discount for locals. The food is always fabulous at this place. I noticed the other week they reduced their portion size and the prices as well. This is good news, because the portions were enormous and more food than I could finish in one sitting. Not really a problem when you like leftovers, but I prefer to finish my meals in one sitting. Plus the lower price means I eat there more often. I don't' know about you but I don't have a habit of amortizing my return on investment when it comes to eating out. So the sticker shock is certainly a factor when it comes to choosing where to eat.

The Oxford, for those of you not in the "know," is a fantastic little place on Oxford St. (natch) serving up fine Germano-Asian-Fusion cuisine. Yeah, sounds trendy, but the food is great and the wine list is superb. The bar tenders are friendly and I love going there just for a snack and a snort. They always have something interesting on the TV if you're alone and feeling anti-social, but most of the time I end up chatting with my neighbor or the bartender. It's nice to be at a place where the bartenders still practice the art of psycho-mixology instead of just being a pour artist. Be honest with me, wouldn't you rather spend $11 on a glass of red, a listening ear, and advice than $250 at your shrink? Tell me the truth. Talk to me. I'm your friend. Here have a drink. What's troubling you?

No comments: